As surely as the Sun rises in the east and maple leaves turn color in autumn, the Old Farmer's Almanac is back—and it's better than ever! Recognized for generations by its familiar yellow cover, America's best-loved annual and oldest continuously published periodical promises to be "useful, with a pleasant degree of humor," fulfilling both the mission set forth by its founder, Robert B. Thomas, and readers' expectations. Old Farmer's Almanac is packed with wit, wisdom, tips, advice, facts, fun, and recipes, including:
• Traditionally 80 percent–accurate weather forecasts
• How to make sausages at home
• "Creatures from hell"
• Grow your own beer (ingredients)
• Time- and money-saving tips
• Unmasked mysteries of plant seed dispersal
• Bale, key, and concrete block gardens
• Quirky origins of American horse breeds
• History, lore, and more about birthstones
• Moon phases and other celestial sightings, tides, gardening tables, and best days to do things
• Full-color winter and summer weather maps
About the Author
America's best-selling annual publication, with facts, feature articles, and advice that are "useful, with a pleasant degree of humor."